The Red Shed OSHC
The staff at The Red Shed are committed to fostering the development of self-esteem and confidence in our children. We respect the individual needs of children and families and promote open communication at all times. We believe that the activities offered during the Before and After School and Vacation Care programs should have a recreational focus while producing educational outcomes. We believe that children’s physical and emotional development is enhanced by healthy eating habits and the provision of a clean and safe environment. We believe that ongoing assessment of policies and procedures is essential in providing a quality service. We understand that children thrive in an environment where staff are happy and work well as a team, providing clear and consistent expectations and consequences.
Our philosophy is in keeping with the Marryatville Primary School vision and guiding principles of Build Community, Ambition with Honour and Enjoy Learning.
Fees and Operating Times
Before School Care
- $11.00 per session (7:00am-8:30am)
- Breakfast provided
- Children have free choice of a range of inside activities Before School.
- These may include board games, art and craft, reading, watching a movie, making puzzles etc.
After School Care
- $22.00 per session (3:00pm-6:00pm)
- Snack Provided
- After school children are signed in by a staff member at 3:00pm.
- They then have the choice of their activities for the afternoon. The OSHC spaces include Maesbury, Music Room, School Hall and Outside (each which have a range of programmed and open-ended experiences available).
- Activities include art and craft, reading, cooking, outside play, structured games, movies, imaginative play etc.
- Children also have the opportunity to complete homework whilst at Red Shed. A staff member is generally available between 3:30pm and 4:30pm to assist with this.
- Snack is served around 3:20pm. The snacks vary each week and are available on a menu displayed in the Red Shed.
Pupil Free Day
- $54.00 per session (7:00am-6:00pm)
- $54.00 per session (7:30am-6:00pm)
- The Vacation Care Programme is available during Week 4 of each term for the upcoming school holidays. The programme includes a variety of excursions and incursions catering to the different needs and interests of the wide age range we care for at The Red Shed.
- The cancellation date for each holidays is 6:00pm on the Friday of Week 8. Any bookings cancelled after this date result in full fee being charged.
Alternatively, you can pick up an enrolment package from the OSHC Office (located in the school hall).
**contact the red shed for further information about 4 year olds attending the program